Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

What's all the Rage?

I finished my steroids earlier this week, and I admit, I did not take the very last pill on the very last day.  I don't feel any different than I did before taking the medication.  Wait.  Strike that.  I feel puffy...and bloaty...and still painful.  The entire time I was on this med, I wanted ibuprofen.  The little motrins do more for my pain than the stupid prescription.  So much for a miracle drug.  If you were wondering why I didn't take the last dose, it was because I was done with all the hurting and took ibuprofen instead.  Apparently, if you take the two together, they can make your stomach bleed.  That would be a problem.

The half life of the drug I took is 18-36 hours.  With any luck, it will all be out of my system in a few days and I will no longer be puffy.  The puffy is weird.  I noticed it 2 days ago when I squatted to pick up some laundry.  It felt like my hamstrings were bulging out of the back of my legs and keeping me from relaxing all the way.  So I sat in that position and moved it around a bit until it was more comfortable.  The next day, I put on my fave pair of trousers and they were super tight.  Ugh.  I am not a fan of puffy.  I like when clothes get looser, not tighter.

I realized today, as I refilled my little pill box of delicious supplements that I have been taking said supplements for over a month now.  I've never really done so religiously, but the pill box helps.  A LOT.  I only have to think about what I'm taking when about once per week as I refill the thing.  As I divied up my folic acids, I realized some good things have happened over the past month that I would like to attribute to said folate.  Now, this is generally thought of in regard to girly issues...the making of babies and such.  Because that is what my good things have to do with, I will spare you the gory details.  I will, however, make the following statement:

IF YOU ARE A CHICK, FOLIC ACID IS GOOD FOR YOU.

In a big way.  Make sure you're getting what you need.  You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment