Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

I forgot...

and I don't even have any good excuses.  On the other hand, constantly updating the blog with things like, "I am currently rolling around on the living room floor in pain," and "my husband is not allowed to look at me funny because my back pain is unbearable and I will scream obscenities at him," aren't how I like to spend my blog posts.  That was pretty much how it went all week.  During my 4 day pity party, I tried to figure out why my muscles get so tight.  Because it seems like, if they would just chill the freak out for a minute, the pain would go away.  I always feel loads better after exercise, yoga, GD visit, and any other type of loosening up movements.  Of course, even after those things, the pain is still there, but it's mellow and doesn't control everything I do.

For the record, last weekend sucked.  I worked all weekend with a co-worker I can barely stand to be around, and we had to put in some overtime that was basically a huge waste all because of her.  I know, right?  Total drama.  I don't if it's stress or what, but I had been waking up in the middle of my sleep all week.  Sometimes I couldn't get back to sleep, or I would, but then wake up more.  Generally, I dragged my butt out of bed when the dogs started whining, let them out, and fell back asleep on the couch.  I slept a lot this week (to the point, I was REALLY starting to wonder what was wrong with me)!

Today I had a GD visit scheduled at 0930.  I seriously was dreading getting up that early because I just haven't been able to get moving in the morning.  To help me drift off into a peaceful slumber, I popped a melatonin before crashing out.  I don't like taking anything for sleep because it all makes me feel groggy when I awake.  Even though it's supposed to be natural, even melantonin makes me feel like I drank a case of beer in bed, so I just generally try to avoid it.

For the record (Mom), I have never drunk a case of beer.  Shortly after I turned 21, I decided to try a 6 pack in one night.  I was done after 3.  That's how I roll.

This morning I awoke kind of freaked out.  Mostly because I didn't hurt.  I moved around a little and still didn't hurt.  I thought, "I need to get out of bed and try this out."  Well, that's when I hurt.  But nothing like the past 4 days!  I felt freaking awesome!  I wasn't all stiff and painful when going from sitting to standing and reached to about my knees before I had to stop.

Fairy Dust.

or perhaps a good 8 hours of non-interrupted sleep.

and maybe the coconut water I drank yesterday helped?

I don't know.  I heard it has a lot of electrolytes and is good for muscles, but I'm not convinced it's a miracle cure.  I'm not convinced it isn't helpful though.  And how can I go wrong getting plenty of sleep and sucking down some not-so-delicious nectar of the Gods?  I put some in a protein shake today to hide the weird flavor.  It worked.

Now on this sleep thing, I don't want to take stuff to put me out everynight.  I need sleep therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment