Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Bye for Now Crossfit!

I have continued to exercise.  Unfortunately, I haven't been very good about actually going to crossfit.  I feel like I have so much to try to do and so much less energy that just going to the class is an exhausting thought.  I get an hour to exercise at work, so that's where most of it has been happening.  I mean, I'm already there and don't have to make any extra trips, so it just makes sense.  In light of this, I cancelled our crossfit membership.  I still plan on doing what I can, just on my own.

My plan is to continue to follow my crossfit gym's blog.  Since my work gym doesn't have all the equipment they use for strength, I'm going to go back to using the Wendler 5-3-1 system that my CF used to use.  It has less variation and is a little more simple for me to follow on my own.

I've also been jogging!  Craziness!  I had stopped even considering the thought when my back went all haywire, but pregnancy has been good to my Maigne's Syndrome problem.  I actually love doing a little walk/jog on the treadmill, so I'll keep that up.  Hopefully, this good back stuff will continue after baby is born.

I'm also happy to report that I had my routine test for gestational diabetes and am free and clear.  I do have to take an extra iron supplement for anemia.

In less than awesome pregnancy news, my mid back hurts and my shoulders are tight as hell.  I continue to visit GD, which helps.  It would probably also help if I had better posture while sitting at my desk.  My feet and lower legs are morphing into cankles on a regular basis, and my wedding ring no longer fits most of the time.  I was a sweller before pregnancy, though, so I kind of expected it.

No comments:

Post a Comment