Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back Pain is the Devil

So I got a second injection into my SI Joint.  It didn't hurt nearly like the first one did, and so I'm thinking I probably didn't need that one.  Swell, but whatever.  A week later, I was visiting a different physical therapist (mine was on vacay in Mexico), who thought my continued pain sounded like disc stuff to her.  She called the doc, who I was going to see that day for a followup.  The doc did an exam and told me that while my pain feels the same, it has actually moved.  I don't know how that works, but okay.  Doc said now I have an inflamed gluteus medius muscle, put me on muscle relaxers, and sent me back to work (on light duty).  I don't know about all this.  Some days it feels practically awesome.  Most days it does not.  I couldn't get comfortable last night and woke up in pain many many times.

I've continued to see my chiro and do my p/t religiously.  Sometimes it helps.  Sometimes it does not.  I probably should not have done a blog post today.  I'm having a crappy day, punctuated by lack of sleep.

I got a SI belt.  It helps.

Back pain is the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment