Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

boring

My dogs are mopey. It's almost pathetic how they follow me from the living room to the office, flopping their not-so-little bodies on the ground with a grunt.

It's hot out, and I hurt.  Even if I felt like taking them for a walk, the dark one would wimp out after the first quarter mile.  In the past I have pulled her along while she plodded at the end of her leash like a mule.  She's the size of a small mule.

I got injected today.  My mom-in-law decided yesterday that she should take me.  She's slightly nutty, but I really didn't mind.  The last few days, I had started to get nervous about needles being stuck deep into my bottom.  We arrived to the doc's office at 0830.  I waited briefly in the lobby and then longer in an exam room.  The nurse gave me the same pretty shorts I had had at the other doctor's office.  I honestly tried getting a photo of them, but it wasn't working out.  Just imagine the 80's.  And a pair of paper shorts 8 sizes too big.

The doc stopped in for a moment, and we chatted.  He asked if he could pray.  I think it's cool my doc and I are on the same religion page.  Off he went.  I think the nurse took me to the injection room around 0930.  I went face down on their table, while some unseen force swabbed iodine-ish stuff across my right butt cheek.  The three voices in the room tried to carry on their conversation in a way that would not offend the patient.  It was funny.  A song came on their radio about sex.  Somebody changed it, while a smartass chided, "What was that song about?"  "Fornication," I giggled.  The doc came in and explained to them the plan was to inject the SI joint and possibly do an epidural.  "So we're going to flip a coin to see if she gets the epidural?"  The smartass was at it again.  "Yeah, that's it," the doc told him.  I put in my two cents, "Hey, I feel good about that too."

The doc stuck something like sticky paper to my butt.  He said, "Big stick," and by the time I could process what he was saying, he was jamming a needle in my ass.  That part didn't really hurt much, but my involuntary butt twitch activated anyway.  He pushed the needle in further until he got the the joint.  I grabbed onto the table and worked my feet to dissipate the pain.  Doc asked for the pain level.  8.  He made it hurt a little longer and then backed out.  I think he disappeared into thin air after that.  I don't remember seeing him as I sat up and slid off the table.  The nurse/techs were asking if I had any numbness or weakness.  I did not.  They wheeled me into the next room, where another lady stoodby with my clothes.  I changed, she asked me what my pain was and walked me out.

This is not fairy dust.  I guess it takes a few days to really feel better.  The joint doesn't hurt the same way it had been, which was more of a stabbing/burning pain.  This is sore and achey.  I'm hopeful that pain will leave over the next few days.  I realize that some of these muscles have been tight and painful for the last 6 months, and it might take some time to get them back to their previous level of flexibility.  I'm especially frustrated today because I want to stretch the frack out of them, but cannot.  They told me to take it easy today, and I'm afraid if I get started on something, I'll forget and overdo it.  Or it will just mess with the joint.

Patience.  I still don't has it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment