Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Starting Point

From what I've gathered, here is what is going on in my back:  A couple of discs ruptured and spilled out their contents into restricted airspace.  Now my nerves back there are getting their no-fly zone butts kicked and it hurts like hell.  The spillage needs to be cleaned up ASAP by my body and this should relieve the nerve pain.  What I don't know (and will ask the Good Doc this week) is if the jelly junk keeps spilling out of these discs or is it all out or does the blowout in the disc heal up and stop more jelly junk from taking off.

In the meantime, I can't really lie about and not do stuff.  I did for a few weeks, and it absolutely killed me.  By moving around some, my body definitely gets loosened up and feels much better.

My goal in this first week has been to keep moving and stretching.  I have found that air squats and pushups do not hurt done fairly slowly and deliberately.  The crossfit-approved pushups do hurt (you know the ones where you pick your hands up off the deck at the bottom).  Walking seems to help as well.

Days 1 walked 1/2 mile
            3 rounds of 5 squats/pushups with stretching between
Days 2-3 walked 1 mile followed by squats/pushups/stretching (morning and evening)
Day 4 1 mile/squats/pushups/stretching (morning).  It was hailing in the evening.

The first few days, I was really worn out.  I don't know if it's because the exercise is really all that difficult, pain is exhausting, or because I have to work too.  My work generally involves a lot of sitting.  After about an hour, that starts to get uncomfortable, so I go for walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment