Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Blur

We've had a family crisis around here. It has been kind of life-changing, and I (for one) am reworking my priority list.

In the meantime, my back has totally turned on me.  I'm not going to work until it's better.  I have an appointment coming up with a new pain management guy, so I'm hoping for some resolution there.  In the meantime, I went to my primary care doc.  She didn't like the copious amounts of ibuprofen that I have been ingesting, and put me on naproxen sodium.  I haven't really noticed it doing much, but then it apparently has to build up in the system.  She also prescribed Lortab for pain.  I'm not totally impressed with it, because I think you have to kind of take it all the time for it to work.  I took it as prescribed (1-2 every 4-6 hours) one day, and it did seem to help.  It also made me crazy tired, and I passed out for a good 11 hours.  Then I woke up in pain anyway.  I haven't done that again!  I've taken 1 at night when I'm going to bed, but I can't tell it does anything.

I've been attempting to keep moving.  I limp when I walk now.  I try to keep my hamstrings and everything good and stretched, but nothing appears to want to cooperate.  I bought some kava tea yesterday, and will see if it helps.  It's supposed to be a natural muscle relaxant.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment